1930 DUESENBERG J WALKER LEGRANDE DUAL COWL PHAETON
J Walker Legrande Torpedo Phaeton
Chassis# 2276 – Engine# J-255
Formerly Of The Pacific Auto Rental Collection, Then Sold To Dave And Fred Webber Of St. Louis. Dave And Fred Commissioned Fran Roxas To Build The Legrange Torpedo Phaeton Body. Fran Roxas Is Known As One Of The Finest Restorers And Custom Coachwork Builders Of Classic Cars In The World. Fran Is Best Known For His Duesenberg And Packard Bodies He Has Built. His Cars Have Won Many Concours Awards Around The Country, Even A Best Of Show At The Meadowbrook Concours D’elegance. The Body Is On An Original Duesenberg Chassis And Engine. The Original Body Was A Judkins Limousine. The Car Was Finished In 1990 And Purchased By The Imperial Palace Auto Collection In 1991. One Of The Most Beautiful Duesenberg’s You Will Ever See!!
Duesenbergs were in strong demand in Hollywood, and J255 became one of the most famous examples of the marque. During the car’s 50 year tenure with Pacific Auto Rentals, it was used in dozens films, commercials, and photo shoots. The following is just a few of J255’s film credits:
• 1940 – The Great McGinty, starring Brian Dunlevy.
• 1951 – A Pocket Full of Miracles, starring Betty Davis & Glenn Ford.
• 1961 – Photo shoot with Glenn Ford in Esquire magazine.
• 1977 – Howard Hughes – starring Tommie Lee Jones and Ed Flanders.
• 1981 – The Gangster Chronicles, starring Michael Noury and Joe Penny.
• 1984 – City Heat, starring Clint Eastwood and Burt Reynolds.