1931 DUESENBERG J CONVERTIBLE SEDAN - LONG WHEEL BASE
1931 Duesenberg J
Chassis Number: 2250
Engine Number: J-229
The original owner, Reginald Parsons III designed the body and had it built by Seattle Auto Rebuild Co. The design was original by Parsons, (attending the architectural dept. of the Yale school of architecture at the time). This body was the first privately designed body with an integrated truck. Formerly of the Nethercutt Collection.
In 1978, J.B. Nethercutt traded this car and cash to Tom Barrett of Scottsdale, Arizona for one of the most famous Duesenbergs of all time, the 20 Grand Duesenberg which still today is on display at The Nethercutt Museum in Slymar, California. In July of 1978, Tom Barrett sold the car to John Huber of California. In April of 1979, the car was purchased by its current owner where it remained untouched in his garage in California for
the last 27 years.