1950 VERITAS M.E.T.E.O.R FORMULA 2 MONOPOSTO RACE CAR
1950 Veritas M.E.T.E.O.R Formula 2
Monoposto Race Car
ID# RS0011 - ENGINE# 5001
This Veritas was one of the remaining chassis from original factory at the Nurburgring. The factory had closed and Mr. Willi Sturzebecher (an employee of the factory) was paid with this vehicle upon closure, from whom the current owner bought it in November of 1977 (Still have a copy of the bill of sale). It’s an all aluminum body and equipped with it’s original 2000cc 6-cylnider engine. The extremely race car comes with a complete original spare engine in a box. The car was shown at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance in 1992 and won second place in the “open wheel” category, first time for that class. “Veritas” was the first post-war German sports-car and competition Formula cars. They built very few overall, but there are a few road sports cars, (2 seater) competition light weight sports racers and only very few Formula 2 monoposto (single seaters). This manufacturing was founded by the former top brass from pre-war “B.M.W.” and set up show at the Nurburgring. The six cylinder engine was also based on the “B.M.W.”. All new post-war drivers started again in “Veritas”. Karl Kling became German champion in one. They folded up unfortunately and then slowly Mercedes-Benz and Porsche took over the
motor-sports leadership in Germany.